Friday, May 26, 2006

Those were the days

27-May-2006
So the day is almost approaching. I am making a move from Oracle after almost 2 and a half years. Fear of unknown is taking its toll... But then as Sabir Bhatia has said "the biggest risk in life is not to take any!!" So lets hope for the best...

... And what a wonderful journey it has been...

I can still remember the first day 13-jan-04 when i first stepped onto this place. I was a toddler, with lots of hopes and aspirations. I have matured a lot from that. And credit goes to all the team members and friends. Who can forget those volleyball and cricket matches, the lunch and dinner parties, trip to nagarjun sagar and so much more that we all cherish together...

Srini, you have been a wonderful leader. I learnt a lot from you. Thanks for all the support and knowledge that you shared.

If my fresher prooject was somewhat presentable the credit goes to Gopal. He has always been there to solve all my technical queries. Tejaswi has always been there to help on any issue. So has been Shobhit. Thanks to you only I got all the independence to work on issues and learnt things faster.

Prashant, I have not seen a more jovial person than you. It was great spending a couple of weeks with you in US. Harish, Ravi and Satish mama have been great buddies. Sasi will be remembered more as a table tennis companion!! Srinath, you have been more of a mentor and advisor. Thanks for all the advices!!

Neha, I know I have not missed an opportunity to tease you. But it was all in good taste. And yeah, you will be missed the most. I am not sure if I can recognize Alamelu by face but certainly by voice I can!

Also, I was fortunate to have had opportunity to closely work with global team mates. Mike, Maya, Veeresham, Hina, Theresa ,Rekha, Romel, Varughese, Yumi and all. You are all so amazing people to work with. I got to learn so much from you. I also cant forget the wonderful hospitality extended by Mike, Vishnu, Veeresham, Subbarao, Sanjay, Rajiv and all the team mates. Thanks guys for everything!!

God willing, our paths will again cross and i am sure we will say only one line then..."Those were the days!!!" Till that time, so long...

Best wishes to team PA.

2 comments:

Umesh Kakkad said...

Hey Bhavesh,

Good post. Oracle no doubt was a great stay even for me. Apps IT had a great bunch of people ranging from motivators, sage advisors to all-out party lovers. Good luck with your new company. And atleast you are in H'bad so you can manage to meet all your Oracle pals .. but for people like, have to just remeber those days and say "Those were the days.... when.."

Cheers
Umesh

Anonymous said...

Surprise !! Surprise !!
So here I am at last . I am not "blog savvy" at all..but really needed to write this note. Bhavesh you definetly are being missed a lot ...!
Your chhotu dino is one of Aditya's favourite toys and we have even named it Bhavesh the Dino , a rather funny name for a dinosaur :-) but anyways ...we at least get to remember u everyday.
Wish u all the best for your personal and professional life .
Aavjo !!
Best wishes,
Neha